After a two month investigation in May 2010 Deputy Director of Administration, Mr. Raffaele (Ralph) Mauro was arrested by the Branford Police Department on 3 felony counts involving illegal weapons and a stolen weapon. On January 26, 2011 I wrote an article on the matter and to this day Mayor April has done nothing about addressing the matter. Ralph Mauro is still working in Town Hall while awaiting a plea. I might add that Mr. Mauro has continued to play the judicial system and has once again, for the 15th time, postponed his case until April 20, 2011 at New Haven Superior Court.
What is such an ironic twist to this story is something that appeared in the PATCH that shows Mayor April belonging to a group of Mayors being against illegal guns.
The basic principles of this coalition of Mayors against illegal guns , copied from their website is
1. Punish - to the maximum extent of the law - criminals who possess, use, and traffic in illegal guns.
2. Target and hold accountable irresponsible gun dealers who break the law by knowingly selling guns to straw purchasers.
3. Oppose all federal efforts to restrict cities' right to access, use, and share trace data that is so essential to effective enforcement, or to interfere with the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms to combat illegal gun trafficking.
4. Work to develop and use technologies that aid in the detection and tracing of illegal guns.
5. Support all local state and federal legislation that targets illegal guns; coordinate legislative, enforcement, and litigation strategies; and share information and best practices.
6. Invite other cities to join us in this new national effort.
If Mayor April Capone is so dedicated to cause to prevent people to be in possession of illegal weapons and signed her name to the cause why has she not spoken about this issue nor has she even taken any steps to discipline Mr. Ralph Mauro for his involvement with 3 pending felonies of illegal weapons?
Clearly the Mayor of East Haven is a hypocrite and when it’s one of her own she will say nothing and do nothing to enforce the law. It is time that Ralph Mauro be put on administrative paid leave pending the outcome of his case. It is the only true way he will enter a plea and face justice.
It is very clear that Mayor April Capone can no longer sit on the fence about illegal weapons within her own administration. She either needs to resign from the coalition or she needs to take immediate disciplinary action against her Deputy Director of Administration Ralph Mauro.